Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo



Add Comment
add comment
West Hotel soap bar
Description Paper wrapped bar of soap with an image of the West Hotel on the front. The back of the wrapper reads "WEST HOTEL / COFFEE SHOP - MODERN BAR / GARAGE ADJOINING / MINNEAPOLIS". The West Hotel was Minneapolis, Minnesota's first grand hotel, opened in 1884, and this bar of soap is from one of the hotel's rooms, provided as a courtesy to its guests.
Quantity 1 item
Format Content Category: artifacts
Measurements 1 3/8 inches length
2 1/8 inches width
Nomenclature Soap (organic material)
Subjects Used by: West Hotel
Used in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
West Hotel
Trade & Industry. Commerce. Hotel, Bar. & Restaurant Keeping & Institutional Services
Dates Use: Not earlier than 1920 - Not later than 1940

Content: Exactly 1884 West Hotel opens
Content: Exactly 1940 West Hotel demolished
Holding Type 3D Objects
ID Number 1995.59.133