Collections items are not for sale. A photo reproduction can be purchased.
Metropolitan Stadium chair
Metal folding chair used at the Metropolitan Stadium in Bloomington, Minnesota, circa 1961-1981. The blue-green chair is spray over-painted in areas with gray paint. Stenciled in white with the number "5" on the front of the backrest and is believed to have been used primarily when Metropolitan Stadium was in its football configuration, when the chair sat in the end zone behind the goalposts. The stadium was first home to the Minneapolis Millers Baseball Club (minor league - AAA) in the 1950s, but was built to help attract a major league team. Both the Minnesota Twins Baseball Club (formerly the Washington Senators) and NFL expansion Minnesota Vikings moved into Met Stadium in 1961 and remained until the opening of the Metrodome in 1982.
Content Category: artifacts
31 inches height
18 inches width
20 inches depth
Minnesota Vikings (Football team)
Minnesota Twins (Baseball team)
Minneapolis Millers (Baseball team)
Used at: Metropolitan Stadium
Used in: Bloomington, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
Sports & Recreation. Ball Games
Creation: Not earlier than 1934 - Not later than 1981 (The earliest patent date is 1934, but the "4 61" stamp on the seat back seems to indicate April 1961 manufacture. Metropolitan Stadium closed on December 20, 1981, and was demolished January 28, 1985.)
|Holding Type||3D Objects|
2002.36.1 (Accession Number)