Die stamped copper powder flask
|Description||Die stamped copper powder flask stamped on the front and back with a trophy of arms and colors, with "COLT'S / PATENT" at the center. This type of flask is often found cased with Colt United States Army Model 1860 revolvers. It was used during the Civil War by Major Thomas P. Wilson of the 4th Minnesota Regiment.
|Format||Content Category: artifacts
|Measurements||6 inches height
3 inches width
1 3/8 inches depth
|Creation||Made by: Colt's Patent Fire Arms Manufacturing Co.
Owned/used by: Wilson, Major Thomas Perry
United States, Army, Minnesota Infantry Regiment, 4th (1861-1865)
Used in United States
Used during Civil War
United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Equipment and supplies.
Armament. Tools & Equipment. Bludgeons
Military. 1861-1865 (Civil & Indian Wars). Equipment & Supplies
|Dates||Creation: Not earlier than 1855 - Not later than 1870
Use: Not earlier than 1861 - Not later than 1865
|Notes||This is an example of an armament accessory used during the U.S. Civil War.
|Credit Line||Minnesota Historical Society Collections, Gift of Dr. A. V. Wilson|
|Holding Type||3D Objects|