|Description||A pair of bracelets made from copper wire apparently rolled through a press, giving them a "beaded" appearance on the top surface, circa the mid-20th century or earlier. The bracelets sides and underside are smooth or flat. The bracelets were reportedly worn by Dakota Indians. Donated to the Daughters of the American Revolution by Helen Carver, the daughter of Colonel Henry L. Carver, an early quarter-master at Fort Snelling, Minnesota. It is possibly these bracelets were acquired at Fort Snelling, but there is no documentation supporting this.
|Format||Content Category: artifacts
|Measurements||2 5/8 inches width 2457.A)
2 1/4 inches depth (2457.A)
2 1/4 inches width (2457.B)
2 inches depth (2457.B)
Owned by: Carver, Miss Helen A.
Carver, Henry Ladd
Used by (possibly) Dakota Indians
Used in Minnesota, United States
Indian. Clothing. Accessories. Adornment
|Dates||Use: Not later than 10/1946
Received by D.A.R. in October, 1946.
|Holding Type||3D Objects|