William Colvill's splint
|Description||Splint made of six pieces of wood nailed together. The splint was used to support the injured leg of Colonel William Colvill at the Battle of Gettysburg on July 2, 1863, during the Civil War. Colvill became the fifth and final colonel of the First Minnesota Volunteer Infantry Regiment on May 6, 1863 and was wounded several times (three times at Gettysburg), leaving him partially crippled for the rest of his life.
|Format||Content Category: artifacts
|Measurements||26 inches height
7 inches width
8 inches depth
Used by: Covill, General William
Used by: United States Army, 1st Minnesota Infantry Regiment (1861-1864)
Given by: Bevans, M. L.
Used in Gettysburg, Adams County, Pennsylvania, United States
Used at Battle of Gettysburg
Used during Civil War
Red Wing, Goodhue County, Minnesota, United States
Medicine. Medical Equipment & Supplies. Bandages & Splints
Military. 1861-1865 (Civil & Indian Wars). Equipment & Supplies
|Dates||Creation: Exactly 1863 Used at the battle of Gettysburg.
|Holding Type||3D Objects|