Minnesota Historical Society M-Flame Logo



Add Comment
add comment
Northrup King trade sign
Description Double-sided wood-framed painted sign advertising Northrup King and Company's "Sterling" seed corn. "Sterling" was used as a brand name for both seed and feed products. The sign features a likeness of A.K. Bush, Northrup King's first seed researcher and breeder, holding an ear of corn. This sign was first used in 1917 for breeding fields located in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, on State Highway 169. Made by the E. E. Peterson Sign Company.
Quantity 1 item
Format Content Category: artifacts
Measurements 49 inches length
102 3/4 inches width
1 5/8 inches depth
Nomenclature Sign (declatory or advertising artifact)
Creation Made by: E. E. Peterson Sign Company
Made in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
Subjects Used by: Northrup King and Company
Bush, A. K.
Made in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
Used in Eden Prairie, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
Used in Minneapolis, Hennepin County, Minnesota, United States
Agriculture
Trade & Industry. Advertising & Promotions
Dates Use: Approximately 1917
Holding Type 3D Objects
ID Number 1985.193.9