Public Event Permits

The Minnesota Department of Administration handles all requests for event permits. If you want to reserve a space in the Capitol for rallies and other events, you must submit a completed Request for Use and Rules of Conduct form.

The State Capitol Historic Site offers low-cost equipment rental and set–up service for public events inside and on the front steps of the Capitol and upper mall for those with approved event permits. A 48-hour notice is required. Call 651-259-3298 for more information.